1000 Photos is a DIY-exhibition of 15×20 cm photos donated by professional and amateur contributors. The works of well-known artists, students, aspiring photographers, old and young are sold in order to raise funds for the Eye Care Foundation. This years theme: Before/After.
How does 1000 Photos work?
We collect photos on 15×20 cm by professionals and amateurs:
– Snap a photo with your interpretation of this years theme Before/After
– Bring or send your print to us (see below)
– We will put together a dazzling 1000 Photos Expo/Sale/Party with all the photos handed in on 18 September
– All photos are for sale for 10 EUR during the Expo/Sale/Party
– Don’t forget to buy a ticket for the 1000 Photos Expo/Sale/Party, your first photo purchase is included in the entrance fee! Tickets are on sale now.
1000 Photos Expo/Sale/Party
On Friday 18 September from 20-23h, all donated photos will be sold in an exciting event full of surprising activities and performances. The first photo purchase is included with the entrance fee. You can claim as many photos as you like: additional photos are sold for 10 EUR each. The proceeds will go to this years charity: the Eye Care Foundation. You can claim your photo between 20-22h on a first come, first served basis, and collect your purchased photo(s) between 22-23h.
How to bring or send us your photo?
To make it as easy as possible for you, we give you a few options:
– Go to FotoLabKiekie for a free print (max. 3 per person). FotoLabKiekie is a generous supporter of 1000 Photos and donates 1.000 prints! You can visit them at Jan Evertsenstraat 79 in Amsterdam.
– Got a print already? You can send it by mail to:
1000 Photos Amsterdam
1014 AG Amsterdam
– Come to the opening party of the 1000 Photos Big Print Selection in Pakhuis de Zwijger on the 28 August. If you hand in your photo before 10 August, you will have a chance to be selected to get a Big Print of your photo and be part of Pakhuis de Zwijgers monthly exposition! Next to being part of the 1000 Photos Expo/Sale/Party of course!
Don’t forget to submit your details (name, country, email, additional information)!
For inclusion in the Big Print Selection, submit your photo(s) before 10 August.
To be part of the 1000 Photos Expo/Sale/Party, make sure your photo is with us before 18 September. You can also bring your picture to the opening party of the Big Print Selection or to Pakhuis de Zwijger in the weeks after.
1000 Photos and selected charity
The Eye Care Foundation aims to prevent and cure avoidable blindness and visual impairment in developing countries. The main focus of the Eye Care Foundation is on setting up sustainable eye care in her projects in Nepal, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Tanzania and to assist the poorest people for whom medical care is inaccessible or unaffordable. For more info about 1000 Photos and to check out our earlier edition in 2013, check www.1000photosamsterdam.nl. Follow us on Facebook or visit the website for the latest agenda to join us for more free workshops and meetups.
© PhotoQ 2015, Alle rechten voorbehouden
Constructie website Crystal Park, Zutphen