Het Sirius Arts Centre in het Ierse Cobh organiseert op 5 en 6 februari volgend jaar portfolio reviews door een aantal Ierse en internationale curatoren, festivalorganisatoren en andere professionals. Inschrijven kan tot 10 december.
De oproep van het Sirius Arts Centre:
Sirius Arts Centre in partnership with Crawford Art Gallery and Culture Ireland
International Photographic Portfolio Reviews
at the Sirius Arts Centre – 5 and 6 February 2011
Sirius Arts Centre announces a weekend portfolio review session taking place in Cobh, Ireland on 5 &6 February 2011. The purpose of this review is to provide both photographers and artists working with photography the opportunity to meet one-on-one with professionals from Europe and Ireland. Reviewers include international and Irish Photographic Curators, Festival Directors and other Arts Professionals. Through these reviews participants can expect to gain vital feedback on their artistic development, expand their professional networks and exchange ideas.
The invited reviewers are looking for new, emerging talent and works by established artists utilizing photography. Whilst the purpose of the review is not guaranteed to deliver exhibitions, publications, or representation, these are the potential outcomes.
Reviews will take place in Cobh, County Cork, Ireland.
DUE TO LIMITED SPACE, A PORTFOLIO MUST BE SUBMITTED FOR CONSIDERATION TO BE CHOSEN FOR AVAILABLE REVIEW SLOTS.
(Please see instructions on submitting below).
Potential participants should have a well-developed body of work, or project in progress. It’s important that participants have a clear idea of what they want to gain from their review sessions (i.e. feedback, development of work, editing suggestions, etc.).
Due to space and time limitations, submitted portfolios will initially be reviewed by a curatorial panel whose aim it is to match participants with attending reviewer’s interests and it is expected that not all submitted work will be accepted for review appointments. Neither Sirius Arts Centre, nor the curatorial panel will comment on work not given a review slot.
Reviewers will include:
Jim Casper Editor and Publisher, Lens Culture, Paris France
Krzysztof Candrowicz Director, Festival of Photography, Lodz, Poland
April Gertler Director, Picture Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Pauline Hadaway Director, Belfast Exposed, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Felix Hoffman Curator, C/O Gallery, Berlin, Germany
Trish Lambe Projects Manager, Gallery of Photography, Dublin, Ireland
Celina Lunsford Artistic Director, Fotografie Forum, Frankfurt, Germany
Matt Packer Curator, Lewis Glucksman Gallery, Cork, Ireland
Rui Prata Director, Encontros da Imagem Festival, Braga, Portugal
Schedule of Review sessions:
Saturday 5th February: 11:00am – 1:00pm & 2:00 – 3:30pm
Sunday 6th February: 11:00am – 1:00pm & 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Each meeting will last 25 minutes and will be timed.
Completed applications must be received by Sirius Arts Centre no later than Friday 10 December 2010 with a non-refundable submission fee of €10.
HOW TO SUBMIT WORKS:
Application form and information available on the Sirius Arts Centre Website at this link: http://www.siriusartscentre.ie/index.php/about/71
All portfolios (not exceeding 20 Images) must be submitted on a CD with other requested information (please see application for list). Application materials will not be returned. If selected for a review slot it is strongly suggested to bring actual photographs – see note on the last page regarding this*
Please note that the Sirius Arts Centre is not able to comment work that does not receive a space in the portfolio review.
1) Each applicant’s submitted portfolio must include a €10 processing fee. Cheques or international money orders should be made payable to Sirius Arts Centre, Ltd. Fees are not refundable, regardless if the work is accepted or not.
If the application is successful, accepted participants will be given a list of appointments with times and dates of the meetings. It’s the responsibility of each participant to be available for the dates and times they are given. Selected applicants MUST be available on February 5th and 6th.
MEETING TIMES CANNOT BE CHANGED ONCE ASSIGNED.
2) Participants MAY NOT transfer meeting times or dates to another applicant.
3) Any travel and accommodation arrangements participants require to attend the portfolio review at Sirius Arts Centre are the sole responsibility of the participant. Sirius is not in a position to facilitate, or fund travel arrangements.
4) Participants will receive a list of appointments (dates, times and reviewers) after notification of acceptance. Sirius Arts Centre reserves the right to offer a replacement meeting with a different reviewer if the first reviewer assigned is not available. In this case, notification of any changes will be made to the participant as soon as possible.
5) Please note: Sirius Arts Centre will not sell, trade or rent the personal information submitted in any application to others. If the applicant does not wish to be notified of future photographic events, check the appropriate line on the application form.
6) TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A PLACE IN THE REVIEWS, PORTFOLIOS MUST ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 4PM FRIDAY 10 DECEMBER 2010 TO: SIRIUS ARTS CENTRE, THE OLD YACHT CLUB, COBH COUNTY CORK, IRELAND.
The downloadable application form must accompany submitted CD portfolio along with all information requested or they will not be processed. (Forms and information can be found and downloaded here: http://www.siriusartscentre.ie/index.php/about/71)
For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org