Fotografen die willen meediingen naar de prijzen bij World Press Photo kunnen zich sinds begin december inschrijven. De deadline voor inzenden van foto’s is 12 januari.
Het Engelse persbericht:
World Press Photo invites all press photographers and photojournalists around the world to participate in the 55th World Press Photo Contest. The annual Photo Contest is the largest contest in the world for professional press photographers and photojournalists. The 2012 World Press Photo Contest is now open for entries.
2012 Photo Contest
The deadline for submissions is 12 January 2012, 23.59 CET. Entries may be submitted online via our web entry site. Registration for a login is possible until 6 January 2012, 23.59 CET. From today onwards, the entry rules, a description of the categories and instructions on how to enter will be available on the contest website in English, Spanish, Portuguese and French. Visit http://submit.worldpressphoto.org for more information.
Single pictures as well as photo stories/portfolios are accepted in the following nine categories: Spot News, General News, People in the News, Sports, Contemporary Issues, Daily Life, Arts and Entertainment, Portraits and Nature.
In 2011, a record number of 108,059 images was entered by 5,691 photographers, representing 125 different nationalities.
The following recognized professionals in the field of press photography worldwide are judging the entries of the Photo Contest at the World Press Photo office in Amsterdam from 28 January until 9 February 2012. The results of the contest will be announced on 10 February in a press conference at the Amsterdam City Hall and on www.worldpressphoto.org.
David Friend, USA, editor of creative development Vanity Fair
· Monica Allende, Spain, photo editor The Sunday Times Magazine
· Koji Aoki, Japan, chief photographer Aflo Sport / Aflo Dite and president Aflo Co., Ltd.
· Patrick Baz, Lebanon/France, photo manager AFP for Middle East
· Nicole Becker, Germany, senior photo editor sport DPA
· Al Bello, USA, chief photographer sport Getty Images for North America
· Daniel Beltrá, Spain, conservation photographer
· Nina Berman, USA, photographer Noor
· Pablo Corral Vega, Ecuador, director Nuestramirada.org
· Manoocher Deghati, France/Iran, regional photo manager AP for Middle East
· Renata Ferri, Italy, photo editor Io Donna – Corriere della Sera
· William Hunt, USA, strategist at Dancing B
· Dana Lixenberg, the Netherlands, photographer
· Andrei Polikanov, Russia, director of photography Russian Reporter magazine
· Steve Pyke, UK, artist and photographer
· Joel Sartore, USA, contributing photographer National Geographic magazine
· Sophie Stafford, UK, editor BBC Wildlife Magazine
· Ami Vitale, USA, photographer and filmmaker Panos Photos / Ripple Effect Images
· Daphné Anglès, France/USA, European photo assignments editor The New York Times
· Stephen Mayes, UK, managing director VII Photo Agency
The jury gives first, second and third prizes in all categories. First prize winners in each category receive a cash prize of €1,500. The premier award, the World Press Photo of the Year, carries a cash prize of €10,000. The annual Awards Days, a celebration of the prizewinners, takes place in Amsterdam at the end of April.
2012 Multimedia Contest
In 2011, World Press Photo organized its first annual contest for the best multimedia storytelling in visual journalism. The second edition in 2012 opens for contestants on 8 December 2012. Details how to enter will be available next week.